I do my best to write in my journal every day - even if it's a short blurb.
I have been including things like:
- info about my moods and any triggers,
- about my pain (or other symptoms) and any identifiable triggers and what I've done that day (I.e. meds, physio, stretching, etc),
- key info about what I did each day... and at the very least, I put in my "roses" and "thorns",
- I often also use journal prompts on days when I have time to answer them,
- I also keep a gratitude journal, alongside my other journal,
As far as how I have been keeping my journal, I have been using an app. I have a hard time writing with a pen/pencil, due to my arthritis (from lupus), so I find it a lot easier to use an online/text style journal.
I have been pretty successful at keeping up with writing in my journal at least once a day - I only have had a few days where I was too ill or too busy to write in my journal.