This forum (forum.utopify.org) is a safe space for people who want to live in harmony, live a sustainable life, avoid distractions, define fulfilling goals, create a healthy habit to work on them and to reach them in an efficient and fun way.
It is completely free to use, you don't even pay with data, because there is no spyware/advertisement and it's donation based.
Protect this utopian Place
utopify.org is a utopian and harmonic place. To keep this, it is necessary to ban bad things, even if some people do not define some stuff as bad immediately or think it is too strict because they see such bad things or bad behavior on social media or other platforms. Just because something is highly prevalent does not mean it is normal or good. This forum serves as a safe space from such bad things and is meant to create a distraction-free environment.
- The glorification of violence, exploitation, torture and destructive life styles is prohibited.
- The advertisement of highly addictive and destructive media is prohibited.
This is a classical forum and discussions are single threads. To make the life easier of all participants, future readers and moderators, posts should include valuable information and should be part of the discussion.
- Mark questions as solved. If you have a question, you should add the tag "questions" and if you found a good answer, mark it as "best answer". Best answers will be highlighted and it helps others to find the best answer faster.
- Mark polls as polls. If you start a poll, please add the tag "polls" to it. People could find them much easier with this flag.
- No short reactive posts, like "Thank you", "Cool...", "That's true!", "I can relate...", "I don't agree!" or similar posts. Anyone can and should react with emojis directly on a post and not create a new one if the new post doesn't include any other or more information. Examples of reactions are:
thank you = 🙏 , Cool/like/agree = 👍️, positively overwhelmed/loving = 🥰
- No memes. Nowadays, people react with images that have been taken out of context and given a new text. These images are called memes and they waste space, the time of readers and other resources. If you want to react to a post, do it with an emoji, like mentioned above.
- No ad hominem argumentation. We might have deep and long discourses about specific topics and people from any bubble can come into this forum and participate in any discussion and they might have another opinion or even have a destructive life style or strange world view. It's better to help people to be a better version of themselves with scientific facts and to spread knowledge in a friendly way and do not attack the person for their opinion, no matter how crazy or strange the opinion is.
- Don't confuse criticism with hate. Nowadays people confuse those two things pretty often or are not even able to handle criticism. Criticism is important as long as it is constructive and based on comprehensible arguments.
- Do not use swear words. We want to keep this a civilized place and there are people of all ages in this forum.
- Don't use google as a verb. If you have the urge to tell people to use a privacy invasive search engine, hold on and try to help the person directly with a polite answer. In many cases people know how to use a search engine on the internet and already used it before asking questions here. And if you still have the urge to use google as a verb, try to use another verb and search engine like "ecose it" for ecosia.org (they plant trees for search queries), "duck it" for duckduckgo.com (they are privacy friendly). I even recommend to configure your browser/smartphone to have one of those as the default search engine, which makes one more habit way more sustainable with almost no effort.
- No double posts. Please don't create a new post if the last post of the discussion was yours. Edit your last post instead.
- No Off-Topic and no thread hijacking. Do not pull an existing discussion into another direction or even talk about complete different stuff. Try to stick to the topic.
Uploading and Publishing Media
Do only upload media you own (or own the rights on it), like pictures of your sustainable and handcrafted cleaning cloth. Do not upload protected, racist, violent, "adult" or any other illegal media or memes.
Hotlinking of any media on or to the utopify.org forum is prohibited.
Users, who disregard rules will get strikes and will be warned by moderators. If a user will have too much strikes, they will be suspended. In rare cases suspension can be immediately without warnings.